The signals contain data for receiving on board the aircraft equipped with the relevant devices.
The ground equipment provides finding the aircraft position with reference t the runway
during approach and landing phases.
• On-course Beacon (Localizer): LLZ 2700;
• Glide Path Beacon: GP 2700, DME/NL 2700;
• Localizer Far Zone Filed Control Device: FFM 2 700;
• Remote control and monitoring equipment: RCE 2700;
• Option: the system may comprise marker beacons instead of DME/NL.
The radio beacon of the DME system, in conjunct ion with onboard equipment, is intended for
measuring the slant distance
of an aircraft relative to the ground station. The radio beacon is utilized for enroute and terminal
navigation of civil aircraft.
The Radio Beacon is designed to generate and transmit radio signals which provide measuring
of the azimuthal angle of an aircraft equipped with VOR avionics. The Radio Beacon is used in
airports and on routes of civil aircrafts.Conventional radio beacon VOR (RMA-90) is the ground equipment of azimuth aircraft navigation system of VHF radio range with VOR format of signals ,and is recommended by ICAO as major short-range navigation facility at air route or as supplementary facility for civil aircraft approach and landing. VOR/DME is intended for generating in airspace navigation signals, that contain information of azimuth of any coverage zone point relatively radio beacon installation site, and for generating of the radio beacon identification signals. Distance measuring radio beacon can be installed jointly with VOR or can be used independently in DME-DME network
• 190- 535 kHz determined by crystal
• ± 0.005% or better over full environmental range
• -20 to +20 dBm across 600 ohms (balanced)
• -3 dB from 300 to 3000 Hz (A3E)
• Programmable electronic generating 1, 2 or 3 Morse letters at 7 words/minute. Sequence
• Up to 3000 meters (10,000 feet)